Easy Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
When I want to make muffins in a hurry, this is the recipe I use. The oat bran cereal makes these easy to prepare, and the sweet dark molasses adds a rich flavor.
- 2 cups uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg or 2 Eggland's Best Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, brown sugar and baking powder. Combine egg, milk, molasses and oil; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-17 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 muffins.
Originally published as Easy Oat Bran Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p76
Reviews for Easy Oat Bran Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
Wheres the flour!? lol I added a cup of it to help compensate for all the liquid or else they where just too gooey.