Easy No-Roll Pie Pastry
Beginning pie bakers can expect success with this simple pat-in crust. Made with oil, it has a wonderful texture and homemade goodness that’s sure to impress.—Cindy Curtis, Southington, Connecticut
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; stir in oil and
- milk. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture onto
- the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Add
- filling. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until crust is golden and
- filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 pie crust (9