Easy New England Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as New England Clam Chowder in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy New England Clam Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2014
May as well heat a can of chowder
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2013
Sorry this isn't really a recipe. It is opening store bought soup.