Easy New England Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy New England Clam Chowder
Sort By :
"I have to disagree with the one star reviews. This recipe looks good. No, I haven't made it. But I have used condensed soups as the base for many wonderful soups. This recipe is called "Easy" for a reason! The sherry and butter will easily dress up a plain can of soup and make it taste special."
"May as well heat a can of chowder"
"Sorry this isn't really a recipe. It is opening store bought soup."