- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Mostaccioli
Sort By :
These is good and easy to make. My family enjoyed it but we thought it could use more seasoning.
Delicious !! My family loves it.
I doubled this recipe and made one 11 x 7 pan for us and a large disposable pan for a client's family funeral luncheon. The mild flavor is nice for large groups. A definite keeper!
I tweek it just a tad with more cheese and some extra sharp cheddar cheese mixed in and on top....I also like mine a little spicier so I add some greek seasoning instead of Italian seasoning and creole seasoning and Cheyenne pepper....I also use 2 lbs of hamburger 1 1/2 c. of bell peppers and 1 1/2 cups of onion.....other than that it is wonderful and is a good recipe for a large crowd or left overs all week....I have already made it twice and my husband loves it with French bread.....very very good!!!!!