- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Easy Mostaccioli
Sort By :
"Quick and delicious"
"These is good and easy to make. My family enjoyed it but we thought it could use more seasoning."
"Delicious !! My family loves it."
"I doubled this recipe and made one 11 x 7 pan for us and a large disposable pan for a client's family funeral luncheon. The mild flavor is nice for large groups. A definite keeper!"
"I tweek it just a tad with more cheese and some extra sharp cheddar cheese mixed in and on top....I also like mine a little spicier so I add some greek seasoning instead of Italian seasoning and creole seasoning and Cheyenne pepper....I also use 2 lbs of hamburger 1 1/2 c. of bell peppers and 1 1/2 cups of onion.....other than that it is wonderful and is a good recipe for a large crowd or left overs all week....I have already made it twice and my husband loves it with French bread.....very very good!!!!!"