- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Mostaccioli
"Great, easy to make, crowd pleaser!"
"Quick and delicious"
"These is good and easy to make. My family enjoyed it but we thought it could use more seasoning."
"Delicious !! My family loves it."
"I doubled this recipe and made one 11 x 7 pan for us and a large disposable pan for a client's family funeral luncheon. The mild flavor is nice for large groups. A definite keeper!"