Easy Morning Waffles Recipe
Making your own fluffy waffles from scratch takes no time at all, and the touch of cinnamon in these beats any frozen store-bought version. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:7 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- 3. In a microwave, melt the butter, honey and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Serve waffles with syrup. Yield: 14 waffles (1 cup syrup).
2 waffles with about 2 tablespoons syrup equals 464 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC