- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- In a microwave, melt the butter, honey and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Serve waffles with syrup. Yield: 14 waffles (1 cup syrup).
Reviews for Easy Morning Waffles
Sort By :
Great waffle recipe. Folding the beaten egg whites into the batter just before cooking really makes them light. I did not make the syrup. In my attempt to make Churro Waffles for Cinco de Mayo, I dipped the freshly baked waffles in melted butter then flipped them (both sides) into a bowl of cinnamon/sugar. They were delicious - none left to freeze.
Excellent for Belgian waffles as well!
Very good waffle recipe. We put ours in the oven to keep warm and make the outside nice and crispy. We did not try the syrup.
Waffles were just a tad on the chewy sidewich I don't care for. They were, however, relatively easy and fast to make. The honey,butter,cinnamon sauce was a nice alternative to the bottle syrups you find in the store.
These were so good! I used almond milk because my son is allergic to dairy. I only wanted to make half the amount of syrup, but forgot when I added the cinnamon and added the full teaspoon. I didn't have any more honey to complete the recipe so I just added 1/4 cup of light corn syrup to the 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup honey and 1 tsp. cinnamon and I thought it tasted very good.