Making your own fluffy waffles from scratch takes no time at all, and the touch of cinnamon in these beats any frozen store-bought version. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
In a microwave, melt the butter, honey and cinnamon; stir until smooth. Serve waffles with syrup.
Freeze option: Arrange waffles in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Pour remaining syrup into a freezer container. Freeze up to 2 months. To use, reheat waffles in a toaster. Microwave syrup until heated through, and serve with waffles. Yield: 14 waffles (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Easy Morning Waffles in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p43
Reviews for Easy Morning Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review