- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- MOLASSES SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Roll out each loaf of bread dough into a 10-in. square. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut each loaf into six slices.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, water and molasses to a boil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in molasses sauce.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in dish for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Molasses Sticky Buns
Sort By :
These sticky buns were nothing like I expected them to be. The taste of molasses was over powering. I have other recipe's that are easier and taste better that I'll stick with.
Never was a "sticky-bun" person, but the molasses puts the WOW! in this! ME
yum very good. every one loves it . thank you
I have made this many times. I don't use frozen dough though. i homemake my own. So I guess i just use this recipe for the Mollasses sauce. Still escellent. I don't flip mine over. Just leave it as is and people can mess with theirs themselves. I get compliments on it everytime I make it!!!!