- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- MOLASSES SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Roll out each loaf of bread dough into a 10-in. square. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut each loaf into six slices.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter, water and molasses to a boil. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place rolls, cut side down, in molasses sauce.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in dish for 5 minutes; invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Molasses Sticky Buns
"If you like the taste of molasses you will love these, if not, you won't. So keep that in mind. This is one of the easiest sticky bun recipes I've ever made. Like others, I also tweaked it by adding pecans to the bottom layer."
"These are some of the simplest sticky buns I have ever made. They are so very good. I did tweak the recipe a little by adding a layer of pecans on the bottom of the pan with the syrup. I am not sorry I did so. Very good!Nancy FoustField Editor PA"
"These have become a Christmas tradition for us. They are a real treat!!!"
"These are the best! They are my Christmas tradition! I also make them for my husband to take to work, and everyone loves them! I highly recommend this recipe!"
"These sticky buns were nothing like I expected them to be. The taste of molasses was over powering. I have other recipe's that are easier and taste better that I'll stick with."
"Never was a "sticky-bun" person, but the molasses puts the WOW! in this! ME"
"yum very good. every one loves it . thank you"
"I have made this many times. I don't use frozen dough though. i homemake my own. So I guess i just use this recipe for the Mollasses sauce. Still escellent. I don't flip mine over. Just leave it as is and people can mess with theirs themselves. I get compliments on it everytime I make it!!!!"
"I made this but I decided to change it up. I used an iron skillet an 1/2 stick of butter melted and I sprinkled 1/2 cup dark brown sugar on the bottom of skillet and then I sprinkled some chopped pecans and cherries the put the buns on top and let rise. It is easy to turn over. Just use a plate a little larger than the skillet place the plate on top of skillet and turn over. You don't use as much sugar or syrpe and helps to cut back on calories. also good with crushed pineapple in place of cherries or use all three, cherries, pineapple and chopped pecans.--hummm good!"