- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- baking cocoa, finely chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in chips and peppermint extract until chocolate is melted. Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Spread into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 3 hours or until firm. Lift out of pan; cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Roll each into a ball. Roll truffles in cocoa, nuts or sprinkles. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 70 truffles.
Reviews for Easy Mint Chocolate Truffles
Sort By :
"They really are easy. 'Nuff said."
"another hint, if you're coating with peppermint pieces, it took me almost 5 of the med size canes to cover the recipe. got to crush them almost to powder with just a few little bits whole to get it to cover well and don't let the mixture get too cold"
"if it was gritty, you didn't get the sugar dissolved properly and perhaps didn't cook to the right temp. get a GOOD candy thermometer and try again. can be flavored other than mint as well..."
"So easy to make and everyone in my family loved them!!!"
"I was disappointed with this recipe. It was gritty and tasted more like minty fudge balls instead of truffles."