I make a lot of candy around the holidays. This is one of my favorites because the mixture isn't sticky or messy to work with, and the results are just delicious. —Jean Olson, Wallingford, Iowa
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- baking cocoa, finely chopped nuts or chocolate sprinkles
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in chips and peppermint extract until chocolate is melted. Stir in marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Spread into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 3 hours or until firm. Lift out of pan; cut into 1-1/2-in. squares. Roll each into a ball. Roll truffles in cocoa, nuts or sprinkles. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 70 truffles.
Originally published as Easy Mint Chocolate Truffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p46
Reviews for Easy Mint Chocolate Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review