Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream
You can whip up this easy homemade ice cream in just minutes. Pop it into the freezer overnight to set up-you don't need an ice cream freezer! Chock-full of chips, this minty treat is the favorite of students in my home economics classes.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine milk, water, extract and food coloring. Fold
- in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into a foil-lined 9-in. x
- 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Lift out
- of the pan and remove foil; slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 469 calories, 33 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.