You can whip up this easy homemade ice cream in just minutes. Pop it into the freezer overnight to set up-you don't need an ice cream freezer! Chock-full of chips, this minty treat is the favorite of students in my home economics classes.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine milk, water, extract and food coloring. Fold in whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour into a foil-lined 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm. Lift out of the pan and remove foil; slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p29
Reviews for Easy Mint Chip Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review