Easy Mexican Rice Recipe
"As a wife and mother on a busy farm, I like family-pleasing recipes that are simple," says May Anderson of De Valls Bluff, Arkansas. "This is a favorite of ours that came from Liz Cazer, a member of the local 4-H club that I lead."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, water, rice, garlic salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Mexican Rice
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2009
"this recipe is so good"
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2008
"I love spanish rice! I recommend using Mexican style tomatoes with green chilies and Mexican style cheese or cheddar rather than mozzarella. With those changes, YUM!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC