Easy Mexican Rice
"As a wife and mother on a busy farm, I like family-pleasing recipes that are simple," says May Anderson of De Valls Bluff, Arkansas. "This is a favorite of ours that came from Liz Cazer, a member of the local 4-H club that I lead."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until
- tender. Add the tomatoes, water, rice, garlic salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or
- until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.