Easy Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups picante sauce or salsa
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread half the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with four more noodles and the remaining beef mixture. Cover and remaining noodles. Combine water and picante sauce. Pour over all.
- 2. Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until noodles are tender. Combine sour cream, onions and olives. Spoon over casserole; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 325 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Easy Mexican Lasagna
"Really like this recipe, have made it several times. Leftovers are good, also"
"This recipe is so easy to make and my family loves it!"
"I made this for my adult kidlets last night and it was all thumbs up - they loved it! I prepared the meat, noodles and cheese in a casserole dish the night before, put it in the fridge, and the next evening after work, I simply poured the salsa water mix over the top and popped it in the oven for about 70 minutes! It was PERFECT with a salad and cheesy rolls! I was disappointed I didn't have any leftovers for today's lunch!"
"Can't click on the stars for some reason, but I would rate this "5". It's really good, but we add more spices. Been making it since the early 90's."
"Made this for a dinner party and it was a big hit! No leftovers! Was easy to make and could socialize while it cooked...would make again"
"Loved this recipe. I fried the beef before using. Decreased the water to 1 cup and the sour cream to 1 cup. Used a package of taco seasoning and 3 cloves garlic, minced. Never added the oregano or cumin. Also put some diced red pepper on top with the onions & olives. Used a slightly smaller pan."
"Fabulous nummy recipe! Easy, reheats fabulously, kids love, so do adults."