- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups picante sauce or salsa
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine beef, beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread half the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with four more noodles and the remaining beef mixture. Cover and remaining noodles. Combine water and picante sauce. Pour over all.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until noodles are tender. Combine sour cream, onions and olives. Spoon over casserole; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Mexican Lasagna
Sort By :
"This recipe is so easy to make and my family loves it!"
"I made this for my adult kidlets last night and it was all thumbs up - they loved it! I prepared the meat, noodles and cheese in a casserole dish the night before, put it in the fridge, and the next evening after work, I simply poured the salsa water mix over the top and popped it in the oven for about 70 minutes! It was PERFECT with a salad and cheesy rolls! I was disappointed I didn't have any leftovers for today's lunch!"
"Can't click on the stars for some reason, but I would rate this "5". It's really good, but we add more spices. Been making it since the early 90's."
"Made this wonderful casserole exactly as the recipe stated and used gluten free lasagna' noodles! A very easy recipe to make for dinner guests too!"
"Made this for a dinner party and it was a big hit! No leftovers! Was easy to make and could socialize while it cooked...would make again"