This is a super-tasty, Mexican-style dinner that everyone loves. I've served it at informal get-togethers, passing the toppings around for a fun presentation. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups salsa
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Stir in the salsa, rice mix, olives and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, avocado and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken and Rice in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review