- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups salsa
- 1 envelope (5.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Stir in the salsa, rice mix, olives and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sour cream, avocado and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
"It was fairly easy to cut the fat by using fat free cheese, sour cream and low-fat margarine. As with many recipes, taste is not sacrificed by juggling the fat content. This was easy and a nice change of pace for us (just the two of us as the kids are grown!) - and was easy to put a second serving in the freezer for next time!"
"So tired of people like bsat1 who have to complain about recipes being unhealthy. If you don't think its healthy enough for you, move on and shut up."
"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!Just look at the ingredients...the extremely high fat, cholesterol, sodium, etc. contents are terrible.Where are the HEALTHY recipes?"
"I definitely want to make this. Is the liquid in the salsa and the lime juice sufficient to cook the rice or was something left out?"
"I'm making this for the second time tonight! I substituted plain rice for the Mexican rice and pasta mix to accomodate gluten free diets in our home. It was still very delicious!"