Easy Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Easy Mediterranean Chicken
"Made this last night. I decreased the rice to 1 1/3 cup and we used crushed tomatoes, but it was great and we're going to make it again."
"This was really easy and delicious . The only thing I changed was I used a can of chicken broth instead of the water. I will definitely make this again"
"Glad I found this. It really hit the spot. I'm trying out the mediterranean diet and this will definitely be a keeper. Thank you for the submission."
"Our whole family loved this dish and it was super easy to prepare."
"I used a can of mixed veggies instead of green beans. It needs a little kick for taste..we just cant put our finger on what yet though, but it was pretty good"
"Loved it. I didn't know what to do and it was time to cook dinner, so I didn't have all the ingredients. I used marinated artichoke hearts instead of the olives and regular white rice instead of instant brown. Did add boullion to the water. Everyone loved it and we decided it would be good with mushrooms and zucchini as a side dish without the chicken. Will try that next time."
"Flavor was excellent. I added 3 green onions...it made it very good!"
"Love this recipe. Very easy to make and everyone enjoyed it! Even the kids.Thanks"
"This very easy.it was also very good. No reason not too make dinner for the family."
"This recipe is quick and easy. Instead of using the canned beans (which I do not like) I used frozen vegetables."
"Really quick and easy. Instead of using the canned beans"
"We thought that this dish was delicious and would make it again in the future. Very easy and quick."
"This was very good, but the rice was a little dry. Next time, I'll add more liquid, maybe some tomato sauce."
"My husband does not like green beans so I used fresh asparagus. It's a definite repeat!"
"Just got done eating this and LOVE it! Very flavorful and easy to make."
"This recipe was so tasty, quick and easy. I wouldn't change a thing! P.S. If you are a weight watcher, it is 8 points for a piece of chicken and 1 cup of rice."