Easy Mediterranean Chicken
“Friends and family love this. I made it healthier, but it tastes just as good.” Kara Zilis - Oak Forest, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir
- in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir
- in olives; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup rice mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese equals 394 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.