- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Mediterranean Chicken
"Made this last night. I decreased the rice to 1 1/3 cup and we used crushed tomatoes, but it was great and we're going to make it again."
"This was really easy and delicious . The only thing I changed was I used a can of chicken broth instead of the water. I will definitely make this again"
"Glad I found this. It really hit the spot. I'm trying out the mediterranean diet and this will definitely be a keeper. Thank you for the submission."
"Our whole family loved this dish and it was super easy to prepare."
"I used a can of mixed veggies instead of green beans. It needs a little kick for taste..we just cant put our finger on what yet though, but it was pretty good"