- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Mediterranean Chicken
"Made this last night. I decreased the rice to 1 1/3 cup and we used crushed tomatoes, but it was great and we're going to make it again."
"Glad I found this. It really hit the spot. I'm trying out the mediterranean diet and this will definitely be a keeper. Thank you for the submission."
"Our whole family loved this dish and it was super easy to prepare."
"I used a can of mixed veggies instead of green beans. It needs a little kick for taste..we just cant put our finger on what yet though, but it was pretty good"
"Loved it. I didn't know what to do and it was time to cook dinner, so I didn't have all the ingredients. I used marinated artichoke hearts instead of the olives and regular white rice instead of instant brown. Did add boullion to the water. Everyone loved it and we decided it would be good with mushrooms and zucchini as a side dish without the chicken. Will try that next time."
"Flavor was excellent. I added 3 green onions...it made it very good!"
"Love this recipe. Very easy to make and everyone enjoyed it! Even the kids.Thanks"