“Friends and family love this. I made it healthier, but it tastes just as good.” Kara Zilis - Oak Forest, Illinois
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p58
Reviews for Easy Mediterranean Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review