This recipe has fed not only my own family, but many neighborhood kids! They come running when I make this supper. It's one of those things you throw together after work on a busy day because you know it works. —Julie May, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs; remove from pan. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook 5-7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add meatballs, noodles and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Meatball Stroganoff in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Meatball Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review