- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs; remove from pan. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook 5-7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add meatballs, noodles and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Meatball Stroganoff
"Great meal! My 6 year old loved it which makes it a keeper. I added a bit more of the broth to make the sauce. I will definitely be making this again."
"I have made this so many times. it is fantastic! I've made it just as the recipe says. Might try adding some sliced fresh mushrooms to it next time. I will saute them with the meatballs."
"Super easy, quick and yummy! It was a hit at our house with two very picky eaters. I will definitely be making this again. As per the other reviews, I will also add some pasta water next time as it seemed a tad dry."
"I gave this recipe five stars in relation to it's ease of prep and taste. I sauteed some onions with the meatballs and added a tsp of horseradish before serving for a little more depth of flavor. I also used half and half to save a few calories. I also added a smidge of pasta water at another reviewer's suggestion. My husband really liked this recipe and requested to make it again."
"I received a sample issue of Simple and Delicious and this recipe caught my eye. It is quick, easy and yummy. Kind of like those boxed "helper" meals but so much better! This recipe is a keeper and my subscription payment is in the mail!"
"I was hooked on the word "easy," and yes, these are very easy to make, and very tasty, to boot. I did jazz it up a bit by adding fresh sautéd mushrooms and some freshly grated Parm, and I always add a little of the pasta water to make the sauce even creamier. This volunteer field editor rates this a 5 star meal."