Easy Meatball Stroganoff Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs; remove from pan. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook 5-7 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add meatballs, noodles and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Meatball Stroganoff
Sort By :
I received a sample issue of Simple and Delicious and this recipe caught my eye. It is quick, easy and yummy. Kind of like those boxed "helper" meals but so much better! This recipe is a keeper and my subscription payment is in the mail!
I was hooked on the word "easy," and yes, these are very easy to make, and very tasty, to boot. I did jazz it up a bit by adding fresh sautéd mushrooms and some freshly grated Parm, and I always add a little of the pasta water to make the sauce even creamier. This volunteer field editor rates this a 5 star meal.