- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef gravy
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Dash dried thyme
- Shape beef mix into three meatballs; coat with flour. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Meatball Stew in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p52
Reviews for Easy Meatball Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2012
There should be a circle for Maybe. The Worcestershire sauce gives the gravy a fruity flavor that's difficult to disguise. I used the herbs for a tasty eye round roast instead of the listed ones, but the Wos. sauce really destroys their flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >