"As the busy parents of two boys, my husband and I are always on the lookout for quick meals," writes Linda de Beaudrap of Calgary, Alberta. "You don't have to thaw the frozen meatballs for this satisfying soup, so you can have it on the table in minutes."
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; add spaghetti. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Add the meatballs and tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Minestrone in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p12
Reviews for Easy Meatball Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review