Easy Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 439 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,464 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.