Easy Meat Loaf
"My mother-in-law invented this recipe by mistake, but it was so well received, it became the most popular way for her to make meat loaf," says Pat Jensen of Oak Harbor, Ohio. "With just five ingredients, it couldn't be any easier."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in
- a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30 minutes.
- Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 439 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 1,464 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.