"My mother-in-law invented this recipe by mistake, but it was so well received, it became the most popular way for her to make meat loaf," says Pat Jensen of Oak Harbor, Ohio. "With just five ingredients, it couldn't be any easier."
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p61
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review