- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Meat Loaf
"Really wanted to like this because it was so easy to make and smelled so good baking. As some others said, mine turned out mushy. I even used two pounds of ground beef instead of one. Will stick to my old recipe and definitely not make this one again."
"My meatloaves tend to come out dry, but this recipe came out nice and moist. Easy and tasty comfort food. Martymi - besides mixing the meatloaf more, make sure you use 90% lean ground beef - the fattier grades release much more grease into the gravy and make everything mushier."
"Easy and my family loved it!!!"
"the more you mix it the more it will come together"
"Plenty of sodium in this recipe, but it's awesome! Probably one of my favorite meat loaf recipes."