Easy Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 33 crackers)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion soup and cracker crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Pour mushroom soup over loaf. Bake 1 hour longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Meat Loaf
Sort By :
My meatloaves tend to come out dry, but this recipe came out nice and moist. Easy and tasty comfort food. Martymi - besides mixing the meatloaf more, make sure you use 90% lean ground beef - the fattier grades release much more grease into the gravy and make everything mushier.
Easy and my family loved it!!!
the more you mix it the more it will come together
Plenty of sodium in this recipe, but it's awesome! Probably one of my favorite meat loaf recipes.
I'm not sure why, but mine turned out like meat loaf mush. Not a loaf at all. It tasted good, but still . . . . Any suggestions?