Easy Marinated Vegetables Recipe
This beautiful salad has gone to many dinners with family and friends. It's one of my favorites because it can be prepared the night before, allowing the fabulous flavors to blend.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a saucepan, bring dressing ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Break cauliflower into florets and blanch. Place in a large bowl; add remaining salad ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC