This beautiful salad has gone to many dinners with family and friends. It's one of my favorites because it can be prepared the night before, allowing the fabulous flavors to blend.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a saucepan, bring dressing ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Break cauliflower into florets and blanch. Place in a large bowl; add remaining salad ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p64
Reviews for Easy Marinated Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review