Easy Marinated Tomatoes
"OUR GARDEN always yielded a large crop of tomatoes. In season, we ate tomatoes every day—and this salad was one of our favorites. Mother also grew her own herbs...dill, basil and thyme. The fresh flavor of basil enhances the great taste of summer tomatoes."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place the tomatoes in a shallow serving dish. In a bowl, combine the
- oil, basil, vinegar and sugar. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and
- refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 each) equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.