Easy Marinated Fresh Vegetables
The sweetness in the poppy seed dressing makes these marinated vegetables a hit wherever I take them. —Erin Frakes
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 176 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.