Easy Marinated Flank Steak
I copied this recipe from a friend's collection 15 years ago. Since then I've gotten married and had two children. Now whenever we make steak on the grill, this is the recipe we usually use. It's also a tempting dish to serve when entertaining. It's earned me my compliments.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8
- hours or overnight.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking
- oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3 lean meat; also, 172 calories, 115 mg sodium, 43 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 23 gm protein, 7 gm fat.