Easy Maple Baked Beans
Susan Baxter from Morgantown, Indiana jazzes up cans of beans with maple syrup and just a dash of cinnamon for a unique taste twist. This sweet saucy side dish is a snap to fix in the microwave, so it's handy to add to summertime menus.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 11-15 minutes or until mixture reaches
- desired thickness, stirring every 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 154 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.