Kristine Sims of St. Joseph, Michigan puts a tantalizing twist on salsa. Tangy fruit, savory onion and peppy hot sauce work in perfect harmony to create a fun appetizer that’s good for you, too!
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, mango, pineapple, onions, cilantro and pepper sauce if desired. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Mango Salsa in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p11
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review