Since I'm a working mom with three young children and a husband who farms, time in the kitchen is precious. This dessert is not only easy to make, it's also pretty to look at and delicious to eat!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, optional
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and patted dry
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add concentrate and extract; beat well. Fold in whipped cream and orange peel if desired. Spread evenly into crust. Arrange oranges in decorative design on top of filling. Chill at least 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Mandarin Orange Cheesecake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p26
Reviews for Easy Mandarin Orange Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2010
"I fixed this pie for company and everyone enjoyed it. I would add a little more orange flavoring and orange peel next time."