Easy Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 2 cups soft bread cubes (crusts removed)
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and milk; let stand 5 minutes. Drain, reserving excess milk. Place bread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and reserved milk. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Spoon over bread cubes. Top with cheese.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cheese. Top with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 311 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 260mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Easy Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs
"Bet this is great with crumbled, browned sausage too!"