Easy Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 2 cups soft bread cubes (crusts removed)
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and milk; let stand 5 minutes. Drain, reserving excess milk. Place bread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and reserved milk. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Spoon over bread cubes. Top with cheese.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cheese. Top with bacon. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 311 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 260mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Easy Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs
"Bet this is great with crumbled, browned sausage too!"