Once I sampled this homemade ranch dressing, I quit buying the bottled variety. It can be easily doubled when you are serving a larger group.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in buttermilk. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Low-Fat Ranch Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p66
Reviews for Easy Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2014
"Good and simple.....will make again with more garlic."