Easy Light Pancakes
Our house is often filled with our kids' friends, and they always seem to be hungry. There are seldom any leftovers when I make these pancakes.Ernest Foster, Climax, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine milk, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients
- and stir just until moistened. Preheat a lightly greased griddle or
- skillet. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until light
- brown. Turn and cook other side. Serve immediately with syrup or
- topping of choice. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 926 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.