Easy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Light, lemony and delicious, these pancakes are a great way to start the day, says Jackie Carberry of Centerville, Indiana.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, oil, lemon
- juice and peel. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle; turn when bubbles form
- on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Sprinkle with
- confectioners' sugar; serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.