Easy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
Light, lemony and delicious, these pancakes are a great way to start the day, says Jackie Carberry of Centerville, Indiana.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, oil, lemon juice and peel. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC