- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, oil, lemon juice and peel. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Sort By :
This was a disaster for me. I followed the recipe exactly, and double-checked that I measured correctly. Our pancakes were rather mushy inside like mashed potatoes. I tried adjusting the temperature and then added more flour. Finally I just gave up and trashed the whole bowl. The flavor was okay, it was just too much ricotta, I guess.
Easy to make, tastes very good - a nice light pancake. Tastes great with apricot syrup.