Easy Lemon Herb Chicken
I adapted this main course from a fish recipe. Since I always keep boneless chicken breasts in the freezer, we enjoy this meal regularly!—Helen Turner, Upland, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flatten chicken to 3/8-in. thickness; place in a skillet. Add broth;
- bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 5 minutes. Turn chicken; sprinkle with seasonings. Cook 3-5 minutes
- longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 129 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now