Easy Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in the sugar, lemon peel and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing to wire racks.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Drop Cookies
"I found these cookies lacked in many ways.I appreciate the effort to eliminate fat, but that might just be what was lacking. Sometimes all sugar and no fat or fiber as a balancer can cause an un-even taste."
"I tried these cookies and found that their consistency once baked, was more like a meringue. In other words EXTREMELY sweet! I did use a teaspoon of batter as recommended, however the recipe only yielded 27 morsels. Also, I do have a brand new stove and they took 15 minutes to bake. In summary, they were okay if you like 'sweet' but I personally will not make them again."
"These cookies were the most disgusting things I have ever eaten. They tasted like sugar and flour. I would not recommend making them."
"I had troublb taking the cookies off the baking sheet after they were completely cool. They came off easier if I left them set for only 2 mins. Tom"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.