Easy Lemon Curd
This recipe was my great-grandmother's, but she never measured anything. Fortunately, Mom watched her over the years and finally came up with the measurements.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- Finely grated peel of 4 lemons
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Pour
- into jars; cool.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer. Sauce is good on pound cake,
- muffins, pancakes and waffles. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 113 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.