Easy Lemon Curd Bars
A cup of tea looks lonely without something sweet beside it. These bars are a nice accompaniment. I love the combination of the nutty crust and zippy lemon curd.Donna Spenser, New Virginia, Iowa
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add
- to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Set aside 1 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto the
- bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or
- until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread lemon curd over crust. In a small bowl, combine the coconut,
- almonds and reserved topping mixture; sprinkle over lemon curd.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a
- wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 207 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.