Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice Recipe
I can throw this together quickly after work and still serve a satisfying dinner.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder and lemon peel. Stir in broth and lemon juice until smooth; set aside. In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, cook pepper and zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in broth mixture and rice. Cover; microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff rice. Cook 30-45 seconds, until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC