Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice
I can throw this together quickly after work and still serve a satisfying dinner.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder and lemon peel. Stir in
- broth and lemon juice until smooth; set aside. In a 3-cup
- microwave-safe dish, cook pepper and zucchini in butter until
- crisp-tender. Stir in broth mixture and rice. Cover; microwave on
- high for 4 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cover and let stand for 5
- minutes; fluff rice. Cook 30-45 seconds, until heated through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a