- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 to 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder and lemon peel. Stir in broth and lemon juice until smooth; set aside. In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, cook pepper and zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in broth mixture and rice. Cover; microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff rice. Cook 30-45 seconds, until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p166
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review