A latte has the same ingredients as a cappuccino, but is topped with just a thin layer of foamy milk. This recipe results in a creamy coffee concoction as pleasing as any you'd find at a coffeehouse.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- Place milk in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small
- bubbles form around edge of cup.
- Place a metal whisk in cup; whisk vigorously by holding whisk handle
- loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth.
- Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking
- until foam measures 1/8 to 1/4 cup; set aside.
- Pour Easy Espresso into a cup; pour in remaining hot milk. Spoon foam
- over top and serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: You may also use a portable mixer with whisk attachment to froth the milk. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.