These cookies are sure to impress anyone your serve them to. The white candy coating adds a wonderful flavor and make them look so delicious.—Jackie Ruckwardt, Cottage Grove, Oregon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 ounces white candy coating, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut and chips. Shape 3 tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball; repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating if desired. Dip one end of cooled cookies in candy coating. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p669
Reviews for Easy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review