Easy Jalapeno Corn Bread Recipe
This homeade corn bread sent in by Angela Oelschlaeger is dressed up with green onion, cheddar cheese and jalapeno pepper. It takes just minutes to bake. "Serve it warm with honey," suggests the Tonganoxie, Kansas cook.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the corn, egg substitute, cheese, milk, onion, butter and jalapeno. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 94 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Easy Jalapeno Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC