- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the corn, egg substitute, cheese, milk, onion, butter and jalapeno. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Corn Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p37
Reviews for Easy Jalapeno Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review