My guests were delighted with the colorful fresh-tasting salad. It has a wonderful dressing—made with fresh basil and parsley—to complement the juicy tomato slices.—Faye Wortman, Evansville, Indiana
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Arrange the tomatoes in a shallow serving dish; top with onion and dressing. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Tomato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p48
Reviews for Easy Italian Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2012
"This is such a refreshing tomato salad, pesto taste without the pine nuts and parmesan"
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"This is delicious.The dressing is wonderful over a Greek pasta salad."