Easy Italian Style Green Beans
Here’s a super-easy way to turn ho-hum green beans into a side dish that’s elegant enough for company or special occasions. Jeannie Klugh - Lancaster, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the
- remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.